Tuesday 2 February 2010

Work placement...done!


On Friday last week, I completed my work placement at Parker, Wayne & Kent (pwkpr) in North London. It was an enjoyable experience, where I learnt a great deal about the everyday INS and OUTS of working for a PR firm.

I worked on various projects that required:
• conducting research
• conducting vox pops
• editing the company website
• e-mailing and phoning potential clients
• writing blogs
• writing news releases
• writing press releases &
• writing a photo-call

I was constantly busy and never had time to take it easy, demonstrating the busy nature of working for a PR firm and furthermore I didn’t have to make a single cup of tea whilst I was there! The area in which I most improved in was my writing ability, as I improved considerably in writing news and press releases compared to before, where I was prone to writing in a university essay style format.

One of the more exciting assignments I undertook was conducting vox pops, which is carrying out interviews with the general public, engaging spontaneous opinions in a chance encounter. A work colleague and I hit the streets of North and Central London equipped with a microphone and video camera to find out the public’s thoughts on independent politics for the Independent Network (IN) - a loose association that provides support to political candidates that are not members of traditional political parties or organised factions. We got a good range of opinions from all ages and backgrounds and it was fun to get out of the office and gather an outlook of different people’s views. You can view one of the vox pops that we did on the IN's Youtube page, by clicking here.

Overall, the experience at Parker, Wayne & Kent has been a tremendous and memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment